Mold & Leaks
We are the only firm serving the Treasure Coast that is fully licensed for mold assessments and mold remediation, and we are pleased to work with insurance companies. When our mold service is coupled with our experience in engineering and environmental consulting, we are able to properly diagnose mold problems AND the cause of moisture intrusion that is the root cause of every mold case.
The equipment we use for sampling and analysis is state of the art for accuracy and certification of sample analysis. Furthermore, we offer the services of writing remediation protocols and formal mold remediation. We have in house mycology experts and our own environmental laboratory for analysis of mold samples, plus we have field technicians trained and well versed in mold remediation standards.
PRIME Engineering Services include:
- Building Inspections & Failure Analysis - We analyze, inspect, and test structures and their components to determine integrity, functionality, and safety issues that may be a concern for occupants, managers, and owners.
- Moisture Intrusion & Leak Detection - We find leaks. Water and moisture intrusion issues can be difficult to detect and pose challenges in determining their underlying source. We use experience, knowledge of building sciences, and advanced technologies to pin point leaks and moisture intrusion.
- Structural, Roof, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing - We evaluate the integrity and functionality of all building systems to problem solve matters such as roof leaks, structural integrity, electrical difficulties, and plumbing issues.
- Weather Envelope, Fenestration, Masonry, Wood Frame, Insulation - Exterior wall and window systems can be problematic and cause air and water leaks, poor insulation, mold amplification, and many other issues. We are able to identify these problems and prepare creative and cost effective solutions.
- Stucco, Synthetic Stucco, EFIS, Drainage Planes - Problems on buildings with stucco, and synthetic stucco finishes is very common. These systems are rarely installed correctly and when problems exist, leaks, mold, and structural damage will occur. We have the knowledge and insight to identify defects with exterior finishes and define appropriate solutions.
- Consulting On Engineering Aspects Of All Buildings - All structures are complex configurations of diverse technical systems that have interactions and which affect the building occupants. With our broad knowledge of both engineering principals and environmental issues, we provide excellent and cost effective solutions to any and all building problems.
- Client Representation On Projects & Legal Suits - We fiducially represent our clients with expertise and confidentiality. When you hire contractors or firms to repair, renovate, design, build, or remediate any part or entirety of a building, residence, or structure, no one looks after your interests. Contractors work to maximize their profit. Every project, no matter the size, needs a qualified client representative working for you alone, who has no financial interest in the outcome of a project to verify work is done in compliance with best practices and applicable design standards. In short, we make sure your project is done right.
- Value Engineering In Pre-construction Phase - In the world of engineering and construction, it is a known fact that the cost and success of a project are determined before any contractor is ever hired and before any work ever commences. During and even after the initial design phase of a project it is important to stop, and re-assess a project based on three criteria: Cost, Schedule, and Quality. This is where we can save you money, time, and ensure the finished project meets your expectations.
- Expert Witness Testimony - If you have been harmed, have suffered loss, or are the victim of a poorly build structure with latent defects, we can help. Our professionally licensed and credentialed staff of experts in engineering, building sciences, and environmental consulting can provide forensic inspections coupled with their years of experience to identify the source and cause of failures and problems that leads to parties responsible.
- Insurance Inspections, Wind Mitigation - In the past few years, insurance costs for all building types have become a significant factor for all owners and occupants. We provide all inspections service your insurance company needs to give you the lowest rates and best policies. Don’t risk losing your coverage or paying too much for your policy.
- Forensic Inspections, Insurance Claims - We provide expert analysis to evaluate damage to structures and their components to demine the cause and extent of damages. We can determine fraudulent claims, and we help claimants ensure they are properly compensated for all damage, see and unseen.
- Infrared (Thermal) Imaging - The use of infrared thermograph (IR cameras) provides our clients with the latest technology to identify moisture leaks, problems with insulation, and even overheating of electrical components.
- Bore Scope Analysis - A bore scope is a very small diameter tube that is flexible and inside it is a fiber optic element that permits non-destructive analyses inside area that a person cannot physically reach.
Bore scopes allow us to inspect and analyze HVAC duct work, plumbing drains, confined spaces behind walls, over ceilings, under floors, and even inside equipment.
- Inspection & Analysis of HVAC Systems - Issues with heating, cooling, filtration, and humidity control require experienced experts to design, troubleshoot, and repair. Our team of experts provides creative designs, analysis, and solutions to meet all our clients’ needs.
- Balcony & Roof Inspections & Certifications - In Florida, state law requires all residential structure four (4) stories or taller to have balconies inspected at least every five years by a licensed professional engineer. We have the technology and experience to serve this need.
- Energy Audits - The cost of energy is rising fast and will not go down. Avoid paying too much for your heating and cooling when we can provide an energy audit of your residence or commercial building to determine points of missing or poor insulation, duct leaks, HVAC functionality, and improper pressurizations. A small investment in our service will reward you handsomely and may be the best investment you’ll every make.
- Permit Inspections - We are charter members of PPIAA (Professional Permit Inspectors Association of America) and provide our clients with technical research and expert inspections to determine if Permit related issues exist for a subject property. Equally important is that we have the skills, knowledge, and requisite licenses to resolve permit issues for our clients.
- FBC (Florida Building Code) Reviews And Inspections - Many building owners and residents are concerned if their buildings are “code compliant”. We provide code inspections to help resolve our clients’ concerns.
- Financial Reserves Analysis (Condo & Home Owner Associations) - We are a licensed CAM (Community Association Manager, NOTE: by intention, we do NOT offer any management services) and we have the knowledge and expertise to supporting condominium and home owner associations. Florida law requires every association to have their Financial Reserves Analysis prepared by a Licensed Florida Professional Engineer. This is a key service we provide and which will help your community more effectively manage your budgeting.
- Development & Review Of Contracts & Contractor Bid Packages - Having an ally working on your behalf is vital in developing contracts and specifications for any type of construction project. We provide experienced engineers to help you create a meaningful set of contracts, plans, and/or bid packages prior to their release. Only with years
of experience is a person able to ask the right questions and be aware of pit falls and traps to avoid in technical documents. Without support by seasoned project engineers and managers you can fall victim to poor, defective, or ineffective designs, biased contracts that hold no one accountable, or bid packages that leave too many variables undefined which may eventually cause a project to fail.
Our Environmental Services include:
- Mold (Funghi) Testing, Assessments & Remediation - We are the only firm serving the Treasure Coast that is fully licensed for mold assessments and mold remediation, and we are pleased to work with insurance companies.
- Due Diligence, Site Assessments - Before committing to the purchase of any property, it is imperative for a buyer to perform appropriate due diligence inspections and assessments to ensure there are no undisclosed problems with a structure, house, lot, or site. In Florida sellers are not obligated to disclose all conditional or environmental problems. You need a competent partner to know what needs to be examined based on the size and type of a subject property.
- Environmental Surveys Level I, II & III - Federal guidelines established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and laws within the state make unwitting buyers of property liable for environmental hazards and contamination regardless of when they occurred and who caused them. Do not allow yourself or your company to become needlessly liable for expensive fines and remediation.
- Indoor Air Quality Testing - Mold, malodors, viruses, bacteria, organic compounds, and toxic chemicals cause indoor pollution, sickness, and can lead to problems with health, headaches, and chemical sensitivities, all of which can lead to loss of work, and/or lawsuits.
- Drywall Testing (Toxic, Odiferous, Chinese) - Do not be mislead, defective drywall is a big deal. Never accept a person’s promise or written “guarantee” that a building or house is “free” from the material, and actually if such is offered is a likely indication an issue may exist.
- Allergen, Virus, Bacteria Testing - From babies to senior citizens, all persons are susceptible to health problems from micro-organisms. We know how to test for them and can provide our clients important information about how to prevent them from growing and spreading. We are able to test many areas and items including kitchens, bathrooms, HVAC systems, common areas, gyms, medical buildings, schools, government buildings, homes, condos, pools, water supplies, and much more.
- Soil, Water, Air Testing - Testing of soils is essential prior to construction and property acquisitions. Soil conditions vary greatly in Florida and can lead to structural problems. Contaminated soils can threaten human health and water quality, and they may cause liability for new owners, even if a buyer was unaware contaminants existed before they bought the property.
- Leak & Moisture Intrusion Analysis - Using the latest evolution of infrared camera technology, an IR-inspection allows us to identify and locate moisture leaks than are invisible to the naked eye. An IR camera is the best tool to define and control moisture leaks.
- Pesticides & VOC Testing - “Volatile organic compound” are substances that contains carbon and that evaporates at room temperature. VOCs include: benzene, methylene chloride, hexane, toluene, trichloroethane, styrene, heptane, and perchloroethylene.
- Asbestos, Lead, Radon Testing - Lead is a highly toxic metal that was used for many years in products found in and around our homes. Lead may cause a range of health effects, from behavioral problems and learning disabilities, to seizures and death.
- Noise and Light Emissions and Testing - Both excessive noise and lighting are considered pollutants and contribute to human stress. Many work place environments are continuously loud, or may be poorly lit.
- EPA & OSHA Compliance Evaluations - Both the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration propagate hundreds and thousands of compliance guidelines and standards for buildings, worker safety, environmental control, and a multitude of other programs.
- Sick Building Syndrome - The term "sick building syndrome" (SBS) is used to describe situations in which building occupants experience acute health and comfort effects that appear to be linked to time spent in a building, but no specific illness or cause can be identified.
- Drug Grow Houses & Methamphetamine (Meth Lab) Detection - Grow houses are far from strictly a policing issue; because they require large amounts of electricity, criminals commonly steal power by bypassing the electrical meter. In addition to being illegal, makeshift wiring often pose a safety and fire hazards.
Our Building Services include:
- Owner Representation On New Construction & Renovation Projects - Who has your interest in mind as a primary concern when you engage a General Contractor or other subcontractors to begin a project? NO one does. What you need is an owner advocate. This is what we do.
- Project Management - We are experts in project management and know how to manage contractors. You need requirements and a scope-of-work that are clearly defined, contracts with teeth, supervision with authority, and adherence to schedule.
- Design Review & Value Engineering Before Design Approval - We are experts in project management and know how to manage contractors. You need requirements and a scope-of-work that are clearly defined, contracts with teeth, supervision with authority, and adherence to schedule.
- Construction Progress Reviews & Documentation Before Progress Payments - Before you make “draws” from you project budget to fund contractors with progress payments, have their targets for quality, schedule, and cost really been met? How do you know? Start by calling us to serve as you ally and protect your capital investment.
- Code & Quality Compliance Inspections & Testing - Is the wiring correct? Is the HVAC sized properly? Will condensation lead to mold problems? These are the types of issue we verify to ensure your satisfaction. Contractors and especially sub-contractors always tell their clients everything is fine and “that’s the way we always do it”. Well it’s always half-assed and wrong, but they don’t care and you don’t know the difference.
- Contract Development, Reviews & Bidding Process Guidance - “Standard” building and construction documents prepared by a contractor or design firm always favor the contractor and place you at a disadvantage in ways difficult to imagine. Once you sign a contract, hope may be lost.
- After Hours & Weekend Inspections When Contractors Are Away - If you are not sure things are going as planned, or if dubious activity is taking place call us to inspect your job site and work activities outside the pervue of contractors. We can work for you in confidence to document activity and track progress.
- Wind Mitigation Inspections & Recommendations - Since 2010 Wind Mitigation requirements and features have become a significant cost of property ownership. We have years and years of experience inspecting storm protection devices, roofing systems, structures, and fenestrations (windows) and consulting with clients to help reduce insurance costs and risks of loss during storm damage. Call us for more details, we do it right.
- Municipal Building Assessments, Inspections & Conditions - Local governments, Schools systems, County Governments, and State agencies all own physical structure that are likely in need of inspections for one reason or another. Our team of licensed engineers, environmental consultants, mold assessors, and building inspectors is able to provide a complete schedule of service to help you catch problems before they become catastrophes, and help you control life cycle costs of operations.
- Post-storm Damage Inspections & Assessments - After any major storm, buildings suffer damage in all cases. The key is to identify the damage before secondary or tertiary affects take place.
- ADA – Americans With Disabilities Act Consultation - Do your facilities comply with Federal and State regulations that require barrier-free designs? It is a simple proposition and a genuine American ideal; equal physical access for all people.